An executive order signed in 2017 put the wheels in motion to help provide access to affordable health coverage options for America’s small businesses and their employees through Association Health Plans. Association Health Plans work by allowing small businesses, including self-employed workers, to band together by geography or industry to obtain healthcare coverage as if they were a single large employer.
Start your free group insurance quote
Many RVers, whether full-time, extended-time, or even part-time…are also small business owners. As business owners, you want to provide as many benefits as possible for your employees. An Association Health Plan or an Employer Sponsored Coverage Plan (over 50 employees) are ways to provide health insurance to your team.
How do Association Health Plans work?
- Association Health Plans (AHPs), under the Department of Labor’s rule, are group health plans that employer groups and associations offer to provide health coverage for employees.
- AHPs allow small employers to band together to purchase the types of coverage that are available to large employers, which can be less expensive and better tailored to the needs of their employees.
- The rule allows more employer groups and associations to form AHPs, based on common geography or industry.
- An AHP could offer coverage to some or all employers in a state, city, county, or a multi-state metro area, or it could offer coverage to businesses in a trade or industry group nationwide.
- For the first time, working owners without other employees (including sole-proprietors) and their families will be permitted to join AHPs, creating a new path for these hardworking Americans to access affordable, quality health coverage.
Get a FREE group insurance quote from us
You can request a FREE NO OBLIGATION custom quote from us! Start now by entering your zip code below. Please use the zip code where you expect to domicile as an RVer.
Which ever option you choose rest assured that you can always contact us with your questions!